Friday, June 29, 2012

They Can't All Be Winners

This past month has not been a good month for my hobbies.  I've had two setbacks that I have yet to overcome. 

You can probably tell because I have not posted anything.  My creativity has been stifled.  I'm not a perfectionist... I am a finish-ist.  "What's that?" you say.  Well it doesnt have to be perfect when I'm done, but whatever I start I have to finish.

That's not to say that I"ve never left things undone... I just have a very hard time moving on.
                                              

 Which brings me to:  Fail number #1.
 
 Okay, I"m just venturing in to wearing bold colors and florals.  Mixing prints was a little out of my fashion comfort zone but I gave it a try anyway.

 We were supposed to mix prints for the Sew Weekly Challenge.   Well, as you can see, it didn't turn out so well.

I got pretty far and decided it was sooooooo ugly that I would not even wear it to lounge in and I took it apart and put my sewing machine in limbo.








Fail #2.  I took this picture at the start of Tour de Cure for the American Diabetes Association.  I was amped.  I was excited.  I was ready.  I told all my family and friends.  THEN... I DIDN'T GET TO FINISH! 

My bike broke down about 1 mile into the ride. 
I wanted to cry.  I slapped it on the back of my car and drove home pissy mad.  I did get a T-Shirt though and my bike is still in the shop because they are backed up.

No Sewing.  No Bike Riding.  ARGH!

There was a Fail #3 but I can't bare to recount another one.

I am sooo looking forward to July.


How do you overcome setbacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Your Two Cents?